- B.H. (Begleithund) Companion Dog
- The dog must be at least 15 months old. The test is basic obedience and temperament including a traffic sureness test. This test is a prerequisite before attempting any other working dog titles.
- AD (Ausdauerpruefung) Endurance test
- The dog must be at least 16 months old. The dog must trot approximately 20 km within 2 hours with an obedience test at the end.
- SchH (Schutzhund) includes 3 levels
- The dog must compete in three categories:
- Tracking: the dog must follow the track of a person 300-600 paces with 2-4 corners in it. The dog must also find 2 - 4 articles that have been dropped by the track layer. The track is laid 20 - 60 minutes prior to tracking.
- Obedience: This test includes many obedience exercises, including heeling exercises, retrieving, retrieving over a 6 foot climbing wall, the send away, recall and stay, all while there are distractions, including gunfire and strangers on the field.
- Protection: The dog must without help from the handler, find and hold by barking a hidden person, prevent an assault to his handler, stop the bad guy from escaping. He must be able to tell the difference from a threatening person and innocent spectators. He must show the courage to attack and the discipline to release upon command or when the bad guy gives up.
- The dog must compete in and pass all three categories in one weekend to earn its title.
- SchH 1 Dog must be at least 18 months old. 1st level of Schutzhund
- SchH II Dog must be at least 19 months old. The intermediate level of Schutzhund
- SchH III Dog must be a least 20 months old. The masters level of Schutzhund
- SchHA Limited Schutzhund
- The same as SchH I without the tracking portion of the test.
- IPO (International Pruefung)
- The same as Schutzhund except it is run under international rules. It also has three levels, IPO1 IPO2 and IPO3
- Please note: As of January 1st, 2012 all Schutzhund trials in Canada will be run under the International rules and the titles obtained by the dogs will be IPO titles instead of Schutzhund titles.
- Scores for Schutzhund/IPO
- V (Vorzueglich) Excellent 286-300 points
- SG (Sehr gut) Very good 270-285 points
- G (Gut) Good 240-269 points
- B (Befriedigend) Satisfactory 220-239 points
- M (Mangelhaft) Insufficient 0-219 points
- FH1 (Faehrtenhund) Advanced tracking title
- FH2 (Faehrtenhund) Superior tracking title
- PH (Polizeihund) Police Dog
- HGH (Herdengebrauchshund) Herding Dog Title
- BIH (Blindehund) Guide Dog for the Blind
- ZH (Zollhund) Customs Dog
- DH (Diensthund) Service Dog?
- German Show Dog Titles and Ratings
- Sieger The first place male dog of the National Show
- Siegerin The first place female dog of the National show
- VA (Vorzuegliche Auslese) Excellent Select show rating. Only awarded at a Sieger Show. The Highest show rating awarded.
- V (Vorzueglich) Excellent show rating
- SG (Sehr Gut) Very Good Show Rating
- G (Gut) Good show rating
- A (Ausreichend) Sufficient Show
- M (Mangelhaft) Faulty show
- U (Ungenuegend) Insufficient
- KKL1 Breed Survey Examination: Especially recommended for breeding. The highest breed survey classification given.
- KKL2 Breed Survey Examination: Suitable for breeding.
- German Show & Trial Classification Abbreviations
- BSZS (BundesSiegerZuchtSchau) National Breed Show
- BSP (BundesSiegerPruefung) National Working Trial
- LGA Regional Show or Working Trial
- BLH (BundesLeistungsHueten) National Herding Trial
- WUSV The World Union of the German Shepherd Dog-World Level Working Trial
Happiness is a warm puppy
QUELLEN GERMAN SHEPHERDS
(250) 398-7727 or firstname.lastname@example.org